Tayong mga pinoy loves anything fried. Aside from the perpetual favorite na fried chicken, naryan ang crispy pata, lechong kawali, talitis ng baboy o manok, fishball, kikiam, kwekkwek, tokneneng, atbpa.
Naisipan kong magluto ng tokneneng isang hapong walang pasok para feeling nasa pinas with matching gulaman drink.Tokneneng originated from the pinoy komiks series Batute, patterned after the oldie Bondying. Mas wise lang ang dating ni Batute. Trending ika nga kung sa panahon ngayon. Pero pareho silang retarded. Batute was illustrated by Vic Geronimo and created by Rene Villaroman. It first appeared in the pages of Pogi Komiks done in a semi cartoon by Geronimo himself and authored by Techie Sejera.T okneneng means ‘egg’ or itlog in Batute’s language. Sa kanya rin galling iyong “sugigi” for sigarilyo and “apekoy” for ice cream. Batute was so popular in the ‘80s.
Share ko ang recipe ko sa tokneneng, let us prepare for 6 pcs eggs.
- 6 pieces chicken eggs, hard boiled
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup annatto seeds (atsuete)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups Canola cooking oil
- Tanggalin ang balat ng nilagang eklog. Dahan dahan.
- Haluing mabuti sa isang container ang cornstarch, all-purpose flour, salt, and pepper
- Dilute the annatto seeds in water until the reddish color comes out. Ibuhos sa pinaghalong cornstarch, etc.
- Ihalo ang nilagang itlog (reminder: nabalatan na ha!) sa mixing bowl and coat with the mixture
- Heat the pan and pour the cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, deep-fry the eggs until the coating is crispy. Use a serving spoon to scoop the eggs from the mixing bowl.
- Remove the fried eggs from the pan and place in a draining sieve or pan
- Serve with vinegar (siguro naman kaya na ninyo iprepare ito) or sweet chili sauce.
O di ba ang sarap.
Bonus na recipe para di na kayo bumili ng sweet chili sauce.
Mga sangkap: 1 kutsarang cornstarch, ½ cup ng atsuete, isang maliit na kurot ng asin, ½ cup ng ginayat (ng maliliit) na sili, 1 cup na tubig, 3 kutsarang asukal, 1 kutsaritang suka, 1 kurot ng pamintang durog.
Paraan: Paghaluhaluin ang lahat ng ingredients sa isang cooking pan. Isalang sa medium heat while continuously stirring. You will notice na from maputiputing kulay ay magiging red ito tulad ng commercial na sweet chili sauce. Patayin ang apoy pag tama na sa lapot. Ilagay sa isang sauce bowl.
“My life goes on in endless flow. Of breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I eat them all with gusto, though
They will not make me thinner. For eating brings me so much joy, And joy in life is fleeting, So while there’s food still on my plate,
How can I keep from eating?” – Traditional Briton Song